FAQ & Help
On this page you will find answer to out most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for get in touch and we will be more than happy to answer any question you may have.
Sell Your Car
How do I get a vehicle valuation?
Just enter your informinformation in to our valuation form and a member of our team will email you a FREE no obligation quote.
Will you collect my car?
Yes, when collecting your vehicle, the dealer will inspect it to ensure it matches the details and photos you’ve provided. It usually involves a quick look over the bodywork, interior, and general mechanics, and may involve a short test drive.
Once the dealer is happy that the car is as described, they will make the payment to yourself and/or your finance company, sign over the paperwork, and then take the car away.
Is there a transaction free to pay?
Selling your vehicle with Value Your Car is completely free. There are no fees, meaning you don't have to pay a penny.
How and when will I receive payment?
We will arrange free collection - from your home, work or wherever is convenient, before arranging a fast payment within 24 hours – also for free.
What happens if I don't enter the correct condition of my vehicle?
If there are any discrepancies between your car and the details you gave us, or, if during the inspection, we discover something about the car that we didn't already know, we may have to change our valuation.
It's worth remembering however that our ideal goal is to buy your car at a price that makes you happy and would make you want to sell with us again in the future
What if I have paid my tax for the year?
If you sell your car to us and have notified the DVLA you will automatically get a refund for any full remaining months left on the vehicle tax.
What if the V5 address does not match the rest of my documents
We understand that there may be times when your current address does not match the address that is detailed on your V5. If this is the case, please provide your Vehicle Purchaser with a proof of address that matches the address that is on your V5 as well a proof of address that matches your current address.
What if the V5 is not registered in my name?
The V5 (log book) holds the details of the registered keeper of the vehicle. To prevent fraud, we will only purchase a vehicle from you if it is your name on the V5.
I have an outstanding loan on my logbook?
We will be happy to settle the outstanding loan with logbook loans as part of the transaction however you would need them to release the V5 to you prior to the sale as this will be required.
Make An Apointment
How long will the inspection of my vehicle take?
The selling process usually takes approximately 20 minutes.
If I accept, what information do I need?
- Your car. It may sound obvious, but you’ll need to be able to get your car to the appointment. We don't currently offer a collection service.
- The V5 logbook/registration certificate. This must be registered in the name of the current keeper. If the V5 logbook/registration certificate is still in the owner's maiden name, you will need to bring a copy of your marriage certificate.
- Two forms of identification. One must be an original photo ID (such as a passport) and one should be a proof of address item (accepted forms include a utility bill or council tax letter dated within the last 9 months). These must match the name and address on the vehicle logbook.
- All service history and MOT certificates if available.
- Both sets of car keys. Unless you've told us otherwise, the valuation provided assumes you have 2 sets of keys for your vehicle. If you've only got 1 key, the price we offer you after inspection may be reduced.
- Bank details. So we can pay you for your car. The account has to be in the name of the registered keeper.
- Finance settlement letter. If the vehicle has any finance outstanding we need a letter with the settlement figure from the finance company to be able to buy the vehicle.
- Any extras that we’ll need. Such as the locking wheel nut for the alloy wheels where fitted, any detachable fascias and security codes for the radio, the security code for obtaining replacement keys and any discs required for the satellite navigation system.
What should expect to happen at the appointment ?
How can I cancel or rearrange an appointment?
You can cancel or rearrage an appointment by emailing email@example.com ,call 0333 034 1718 or Whatsapp us.
What should I do if I am going to be running late?
If you think you are going to be late, we should still be able to accommodate you and your vehicle when you arrive and effectively carry out your appointment.
In every scenario we'll do our very best to accomodate you as soon as possible but depending on how busy we are, it may be necessary to book a new appointment.